The Let's Torque Grand Final returns to the Royal Society of Victoria for another night of top quality presentations by the next generation of STEM communicators. Come along to learn about some of the most exciting STEM solutions and mingle with members of the STEM communication community!
Head over to the Let's Torque Facebook page to keep up with the latest.
The grand finalists are:
- Natalia Zivcic - Brain-Computer interfacing: Magic or Science?
- Eric Tian - Stem cells to Revolutionise Meat
- Sabna Zihara - MOFTA – Metal Organic Framework as Theranostic Agents
- George Loram - Mental Illness & Sleep
- Tara Jadwani-Bungar - Phages – Making (Antibiotic) Resistance Futile
- Emma Crooks - MDMA: A solution for Extreme Trauma
- Jun-Ting Yeung - Lessons from the Frog Prince
- Jacqui Wakefield - The Hero of the Reef: Unmasking the vigilante
The event will be kicked off with some drinks and delicious canapés, followed by a keynote speech from Dr Chris Thompson, Science Communicator and Associate Dean of Education (Faculty of Science) at Monash University.
The judges are:
Dr Amanda Caples - Lead Scientist of Victoria
Sarah Moran - co-founder and CEO of Girl Geek Academy
Sophia Varelas - Partner at PwC Australia